My Handid Christmas

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Jerusha Wheat- Redwork Sampler


This sampler started out as a free pattern but soon into the stitching I decided to create my own sampler as a tribute to my 6th great grandmother Jerusha Wheat. She was born in 1746 in Killingly, CT to Dr Salmon Wheat and Mercy Gale Wheat.
It has been stitched with as rusty, burgundy red floss on 18 count Khaki aida that has been coffee dyed and then spotted with coffee to give it an authentic aged look from that time period.
It is framed in a black wooden frame. Outside dimensions of frame 7" x 9".
20.00 plus shipping
order by email prairieprim@comcast.net

1 comment:

  1. I have a photo of a sampler actually made by Jerusha Wheat or her daughter Jerusha Bump on my family tree at ancestry.com. It's quite a coincidence that I found your blog, cousin!

    ReplyDelete