My Handid Christmas

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Sarah Dow 1848 Sampler





I had a lot of fun designing and stitching this tribute sampler to my great great gandmother Sarah Ellen Jones Dow. She was born in 1838 in Kentucky.
The sampler is not a complete alphabet to represent more accurately how a 10 year old would have made a sampler. There are a few motifs- including the ever popular bird motif!
It is stitched with dark gray, rusty brown and, dark teal blue threads. The bottom photo shows it in a frame- an old frame I just put it into just so I could get an idea of what it would look like. The frame is too large but I actually like the old look it gives the sampler!
The sampler may be purchased as is ready for you to finish into a pillow or put in a frame of your choice ) there is plenty of fabric left around the stitched area) or for a dollar more it can come to you in the old metal frame- with or without glass- the piece is not actually mounted inside the frame- just placed inside and the back put on the frame.
21.00 with out frame plus 3.50 shipping
22.00 with frame plus 4.00 shipping
order by email prairieprim@comcast.net

No comments:

Post a Comment