My Handid Christmas

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Looking Back and Moving Forward

2011 was filled with many hardships for me- mostly in the form of serious medical problems for my family and myself. It also was filled with joy that my husband and son are still alive and doing fairly well. I was afflicted with some type of arthritic, rheumatic disorder that has yet to be properly diagnosed. It has been going on since September - I can endure the pain but it's constant presence is annoying. I hope that in 2012 they will finally diagnose it and treat it properly.
I have resolved to be more efficient, to live greener and eat healthier, and possibly to make some other major changes on my life.
I am not usually very good at keeping New Year's resolutions but maybe this will be the year that I do- if you made some I hope that you can keep yours too!
Best wishes for the new year to all of you!

5 comments:

  1. Hi, Debra,
    I'm sorry for your pain. You might have fibromyalgia; it is a widespread pain all over that is hard to diagnose. A doctor will know about it if you ask, there are points on the body that they test for pain and if you have a certain number of these tender points and the other symptoms of fibro, then they can diagnose you.
    It's so difficult to work at needlecrafts and sewing when your hands and arms are hurting.
    I sneak in time for sewing when I can, not very often but I'm getting better.
    I hope they can find out why you are in pain.
    My resolution is to lose 35 pounds. It seems like a daunting task but I'm going for it.
    Have a blessed day,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. May the New Year bring you only Great Things!
    Hugs,
    Tam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck with your New Year's resolutions Deb! I pray that you will be successful with them all! Blessings, Shirlee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deb I am so sorry about your affliction. I pray they find out what it is and can take away some of your pain, if not all of it. 2011 was a hard year on several of us, but our blessings out weighed the bad. Happy 2012 my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for your kind comments ladies- I pray we will all have a great 2012!

    ReplyDelete